[Ep 37] News this week! Facebook Messenger gets video chat, and Twitter get a new look while Pinterest on its way to make users’ account more secure and to add the cherry on this digital cake we bring to you top Digital Bootcamp YXE highlights! Make your mark in the digital world around you in just 2 minutes with these bytes. Every Tuesday at 2:22.
Video Chat with Facebook Messenger
June 26, 2017 – Facebook has introduced the feature to video chat with awesome new features—like animated reactions, filters, masks and effects, and the ability to take screenshots—available for one-on-one and group video chats.
- Make your video chats more interactive with emojis
- Add creative and fun filters
- Use masks and animation options
Go ahead give it a try!
Twitter Gets a ‘New Look’
June 15, 2017 – Twitter is working to make the app lighter, faster, and easier to use.
If you haven’t seen the changes yet, here’s what you can expect:
- Profile, additional accounts, settings, and privacy will all be in one place
- Links to articles and websites now open in Safari’s viewer in the Twitter app
- Refined typography for consistency
- More intuitive icons make it easier to engage with Tweets
- Tweets now update instantly with reply
Hope it makes the experience better. *Fingers Crossed*
Pinterest is MORE Secure Now
June 27, 2017 – Pinterest has introduced some new features to make users’ account even more secure.
- Two-factor authentication
This feature adds extra security by requiring a verification code each time you log in.
- Review your devices
The Security section will let you know about all the devices logged in to your account
If we see a login from a new device or location, we’ll send you an email to give you a heads up.
Highlights of Digital Bootcamp YXE 2017
June 27, 2017 – Digital Bootcamp YXE brought together some of the most creative, informative, and inspiring minds in the industry who shared valuable insights on how businesses can reach out to their target audience via digital platforms.
From those informative talks, we have compiled the key highlights.
The key presentations were
- “Codifying the Customer Journey” by Steve Whittington, VP of Marketing at Flaman Group
- “Non-Profits and Branding” by Sydney Smith, Sr. Communications Officer at SARC
- “Content really is King” by Noelle Chorney, Principal at Tall Order Communications
- “Crafting a Digital Strategy” by Mouneeb and Gurwinder from 2 Web Design
- “Getting Your Virtual Doorway in Shape” by Lorie Willms, Sr. Digital Revenue Development Specialist at Vendasta Technologies Inc.
Until Next Tuesday…
Hopefully, these news bytes help to take your digital marketing to the next level! Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter.