Our newest web design project has been for Métis Nation-Saskatchewan (MN-S). MN-S represents the Métis people of Saskatchewan and as such, “the MN-S strives for the political, legal and constitutional recognition and guarantee of the rights of its People, including the right to a land and resource base, self-government and self-government institutions.”
As MN-S’ previous website was built using a WordPress template they were finding that it just wasn’t achieving their goals. The website was not flexible enough to meet their functionality needs and the design was not allowing them to communicate their brand clearly. To help MN-S out we created a website that truly represents their brand and is tailored to their specific needs and requirements.
So, what exactly did we do for MN-S? I encourage you to go check out the website for yourself to get a true sense of what our team did for MN-S, but for now here’s a quick summary:
- Custom CMS – the website was built using a custom content management system tailored to MN-S’ specific needs and requirements. It also allows them to effectively self-manage and maintain their website.
- News Module – displays recent news within the organization. When a user clicks on a news story they are redirected to the page containing the complete story/more information.
- MN-S Historical Database Integration – the previous MN-S Historical Database was integrated with the new website. When the user clicks on the link, they are redirected to the database and prompted to either register or signin. Once signed in they have access to the database where they can search and find information on their family lineage, perform BDM Records search, Census Records search and update their account information.
- Mobile Website for Database – the design and content of the MN-S Historical Database was optimized so that it is easily accessible and viewable on any number of mobile platforms and devices without losing any functionality.
- Social Media Integration – users can now seek out MN-S on Facebook and YouTube from their website.
Lastly, the MN-S website has been designed “responsive”. If you are unfamiliar with this term it basically means the design of the website automatically re-sizes itself depending on the device it is being viewed on. Responsive design creates a great experience for the user, which is essential nowadays if you want your visitors to stick around and explore your website!
Now, go ahead and check out the new website for MN-S and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!