[Ep 44] News this week! YouTube introduced the feature to share videos within the app, LinkedIn also got some interesting new features while Facebook launched a new platform to promote video content and is making some changes to combat the spread of misinformation. Make your mark in the digital world around you in just 2 minutes with these bytes. Every Tuesday at 2:22.
New Ways to Share Videos on YouTube
August 07, 2017 – 2017 is a video year, and how could YouTube not make the most of it. Right? I also hope you’re (at least thinking) about making the most of video as well!
They have exceeded our expectations by adding on options to share videos to your group within the app and even chat about it.
All you have to do is start a group, add your friends and start sharing your favorite videos.
I am already on it 😀
Facebook Updates to Fight Misinformation
August 09, 2017 – To make sure that users get the best and most authentic content when they click an ad or a post, Facebook has decided to take some strict actions on the users who do not follow the set guidelines.
According to Facebook, “Some users set up different web pages for Facebook reviewer clicks a link to check which are consistent with our policies, while the actual audience are taken to a different web page. These users cloak destination pages, which frequently include diet pills, pornography and muscle building scams, create negative and disruptive experiences for people.”
In order to combat this, Facebook will be:
- Collaborating with several other digital platforms
- Utilize artificial intelligence and have expanded our human review processes
- Remove Pages that engage in cloaking
Facebook Brings a New Platform ‘Watch’
August 09, 2017 – A unique platform just for shows, yes that’s exactly what ‘Watch’ is for. You can now follow your favourite shows with this platform which is available on mobile, on desktop and laptop, and TV apps.
What makes it unique?
Facebook says that “Watch is personalized to help you discover new shows, organized around what your friends and communities are watching.”
The idea is to promote good content and make it easier for the audience to access it.
So, if you have been planning a Video show or maybe Facebook Live series than we would recommend trying this platform.
LinkedIn Adds New features
August 10, 2017 – The professional app for LinkedIn is sure one of its kind. It hasn’t stopped them from improving the user experience. (Which, we all know, is the key to surviving in this competitive digital market).
These new features are:
- The ability to share multiple images in a single post on iOS (Android and desktop coming soon).
- The option to share a draft before the user hit publish. How? Click on “Share Draft” in the article edit menu to get the link – only those who you share the link with will be able to see the draft.
- The choice to disable comments on any of your posts and articles. You can also remove mentions of yourself in posts or comments where you’ve been tagged but don’t want to join the discussion.
- Guests and logged out members can now see the posts, videos, and articles on LinkedIn. (Simply grab the URL of the post from the control menu and share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere on the web.)
So what’s your take on these features?
Until Next Tuesday…
Hopefully, these news bytes help to take your digital marketing to the next level! Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter.