[Ep 40] News this week! Facebook’s new virtual hangout app is going to change online conversations, Google on its way to enhance user experience with ‘Backup and Sync’ app and new personalized music feature, while LinkedIn launched an exclusive desktop app for Windows 10 users! Make your mark in the digital world around you in just 2 minutes with these bytes. Every Tuesday at 2:22.
Hang Out With Friends Virtually, Using Facebook Spaces
July 12, 2017 – ‘Facebook spaces’ is the virtual reality app which lets you share live videos with your friends. The idea behind the app according to Facebook is to ‘to give the people you care about a window into your VR world.’
Some of the key features of the are
- A virtual camera that you can position anywhere in your space to capture the action.
- Friends on Facebook can comment on your broadcast and ask questions to participate in the moment with you
- You can pull out your favorites as physical objects that everyone in the space can interact
- Can also use Messenger video calling and selfies to enhance the experience
Check out Facebook Spaces in beta on the Oculus Store.
Google’s New ‘Back up and Sync’
July 12, 2017 – Google is always up for making users’ life easier and with that, it has yet again come up with an amazing idea to allow us to store all our files with ease with Backup and Sync app.
According to Google ‘It is an app for Mac and PC that backs up files and photos safely in Google Drive and Google Photos, so they’re no longer trapped on your computer and other devices. Just choose the folders you want to back up, and it will be taken care of.’
Backup and Sync works for both Google Photos (download) and Google Drive (download).
As an ardent Google fan, I am super excited about this 😀
Enjoy Personalized Music with Google Play Music
July 13, 2017 – Google is introducing yet another amazing feature for all the music lovers.
The new feature ‘New Release Radio’ will bring up new releases based on your personal tastes, so you can stay up to date with the freshest tunes.
Google says ‘The station uses machine learning to select singles and album releases from the past two weeks based on your listening history and musical preferences. It’s a really quick way to check out all-new music that’s tailored just for you.’
You can find New Release Radio throughout Google Play Music, or by searching for “New Release Radio.” The station is available to free radio listeners and subscribers globally and will be constantly updated with the latest new releases.
LinkedIn Bring New App for Windows 10
July 17, 2017 – With increasing Windows users, LinkedIn has decided to introduce an exclusive desktop app for them.
LinkedIn claims that “with the new desktop application, Windows 10 users can enjoy a richer, more engaging and connected LinkedIn experience.’
Its key features will be:
- Easily accessible from your Start menu and taskbar, and you can also pin a Live Tile so that when you click on Start, you never miss important highlights from your connections.
- Windows 10 Action Center, LinkedIn for Windows 10 delivers real-time professional updates, including new messages, insights on who’s viewed your profile, trending news in your industry and other timely highlights on your professional network.
- Giving you full control over the types of updates that you’d like to hear about.
Until Next Tuesday…
Hopefully, these news bytes help to take your digital marketing to the next level! Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter.