Early this spring, we started working with Nathalie, board member of Saskatchewan Breast Cancer Connect (SBCC), on their new website to help increase awareness and support of breast cancer.
The previous website was dated, it lacked flexibility and wasn’t very user-friendly. A convenient way was required to accept membership fees and donations online. Speaking on behalf of the non-profit, we worked with Nathalie on the vision of SBCC for the redesigned site. SBCC was seeking a website redesign to increase connections and to empower those effected by breast cancer in Saskatchewan. In particular, SBCC wanted to provide an educational and user-friendly experience, to boost support for breast cancer patients throughout the province, and to accept membership registration fees and donations online.
Website Redesign with user experience in mind
We combined their website goals, needs, and aspirations into a rockin’ mobile friendly AND user friendly site, complete with:
- interactive map of services by health region to highlight the availability of support and resources throughout the province.
- events calendar to highlight SBCC and partner events. The calendar has a Featured Events bar emphasizing certain important events as selected by website administrators in the back-end
- resource and information library to inform and educate visitors about clinical trials, support groups, products, financial aid, and many other topics related to breast cancer
- online membership and volunteer registration forms providing a convenient way for visitors to apply to be a member or to become a volunteer
- payment gateway to easily accept membership fees and donations online
- board member directory to showcase those involved in organizing and running this amazing non-profit organization
- archive for newsletters and meeting minutes to store past newsletters and meeting minutes in an accessible way online to simply catch up on missed news or meetings
- social media integration offers higher engagement and greater reach
You don’t have to take my word for it! Check out Saskatchewan Breast Cancer Connect‘s newly redesigned website now and let us know how you think it turned out by leaving a comment below.