City of Humboldt website! For those of you unfamiliar with Humboldt, it is located in the heart of Saskatchewan and has a population of over 6,500. It is one of the fastest growing municipalities in Saskatchewan and is the perfect place to live, work, or play.
The City of Humboldt’s previous website was launched in 2005, so needless to say they were due for a redesign. Some of the problems they encountered with the old site included: information was hard to find, the design was tired-looking, the content management system was hard to manage and it was not optimized for mobile devices.
So as always, we were happy to help out and make the City of Humboldt’s website dreams come true! Here’s a quick summary of some of the central features of the new website:
- Drupal CMS – the website was built using an open source CMS called Drupal. This CMS is one of the easiest CMS’ to use as it allows for non-technical administrators to easily add and maintain content without the need for IT support.
- Business Directory – a custom business directory was created so users can easily search for businesses in Humboldt. Users can choose to search by name or category.
- Maps – Google maps was integrated with the website and allows users to conveniently look up locations and figure out directions right on the site.
- Events Module – a custom events calendar was created for the City of Humboldt. This feature allows them to notify their audience of any current and upcoming events and can be easily updated by their staff.
- News Module – this feature displays recent news within the organization. When a user clicks on a news story they are redirected to the page containing the complete story/more information.
- Responsive Design – it was extremely important the new website was responsive as nearly half of Internet users are accessing the Internet from mobile devices. Responsive design creates a great experience for the user and keeps them coming back to the website.
- Social Media Integration – users can now seek out the City of Humboldt on Twitter and Facebook straight from the website.
Now, if you haven’t gone and looked at the website yet then I encourage you to go check it out! You won’t be disappointed. Also, let us know how you think our team did by leaving a comment below!