[Ep 33] News this week! Instagram gets fun filters while Snapchat brings ‘Customer Story’; on the other hand Google assistance comes to iPhone and Twitter becoming the new social customer care for Canadian brands and more! Make your mark in the digital world around you in just 2 minutes with these bytes. Every Tuesday at 2:22.
Instagram Turns Ordinary Selfie Into Something Fun
May 16, 2017 – Transform your brand into a variety of characters that make your followers smile or laugh using Instagram’s new creative filters. To add to the fun:
- You can make videos that play in reverse with “Rewind,” a new camera format next to “Boomerang” and “Hands-Free.”
- Add more context to your story with a new hashtag sticker.
- You can also erase other things you’ve drawn and play around with removing color.
My head is already swirling with happiness. 😀 How do you feel?
Google Assistant Can Help You Do Even More
May 17, 2017 – From now you get all kinds of useful things done with your Google Assistance including:
- Make hands-free calls– In the coming months, just ask your Assistant and it will connect you to mobile phones or landlines in the U.S. or Canada, free.
- Use Spotify’s free music offering, as well as Soundcloud and Deezer, with Google Home. With added Bluetooth support to Google Home.
- Later this year, you’ll be able to see Assistant answers on the biggest screen, whether you’re asking “what’s on YouTube TV right now?” or “what’s on my calendar today?”
The best part is that ‘Google Assistance’ is finally available on iPhone now! iPhone users rejoice!
Snapchat Brings ‘Custom Story’
May 23, 2017 – Snapchat introduces a new way to create custom Stories – about anything, with any of your friends, even for a specific location! This would be perfect for providing exclusive access to events or conferences.
You decide who can add to the Story and who can view it – you can also choose to Geofence the Story to a location. Simply tap the “Create Story” icon located in the top-right corner of the Stories page to start using this new feature.
Twitter is The New Social Customer Care for Canadian Brands
May 23, 2017 – With more and more consumers using Twitter, Canadian brands are ensuring to engage quickly and address questions.
Canadian brands such as WestJet (@WestJet) and Canadian Tire (@CanadianTire) responds to customers via Twitter, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Some Canadian companies have individual customer service Twitter handles. Like:
- IKEA Canada (@IKEACASupport)
- RBC (@AskRBC)
- Rogers (@RogersHelps)
- Scotiabank (@ScotiabankHelps)
- TELUS (@TELUSsupport)
While other Canadian brands leave their DM buttons open so any consumer on Twitter can have a private conversation with them. These include:
- Air Canada (@AirCanada)
- CIBC (@cibc)
- Mountain Equipment Co-op (@mec)
- SportChek (@SportChek)
- Swiss Chalet (@SwissChaletCA)
Now you know where to get your queries answered or what you can do about answering questions for your brand!
Lunch & Learn at 2 Web Design
May 23, 2017 – 2 Web Design invites you to join us on May 25th for a Lunch & Learn.
Key presentations on:
- The power of influence and the absolute need to earn, give and get respect by Ron Morris from Lift Leadership
- Discover How to Deliver a Great UX That Your Website Visitors Will Love by Mouneeb and Gurwinder from 2 Web Design
Please register at the earliest, as the seats are limited!
Until next Tuesday…
Hopefully, these news bytes to take your digital marketing to the next level! Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter.