Our latest web design project has been for Saskatoon-based International Road Dynamics, Inc., or IRD for short. Established in 1980, and with locations throughout the world, IRD, Inc. is now a “multi-discipline technology company with the expertise to integrate intelligent transportation systems technologies into systems that solve unique and challenging transportation problems.”
Even though IRD, Inc. has been providing solutions to their customers for over 30 years, they had neglected the one area of their business that in this day and age is the number one place most customers go to first. Any guesses? Well, if you had shouted out “the website” then of course you’d be right. In fact, let’s take a slight detour here for a moment and let me present this little stat for you: 80% of users will research a business or organization online before deciding to do business with them. But let’s put that into context.
If your website is not up to scratch compared to your competitors site, then 9 times out of 10 the person who could have been your customer would rather do business with your competitor. So what can you learn from that? Get yourselves a killer website that outshines your competitor in every way. Yes, it’s that easy.
Anyways, back to the topic in hand – International Road Dynamics, Inc. website.
With the last IRD, Inc. website redesign taking place sometime ago (more than 10 years), it was definitely time for an update. So what did we do? Of course I’m going to encourage you to visit the website yourselves, but for those of you who are too lazy to do so (just kidding!), here’s a quick summary:
- Products Page – enables IRD, Inc. to advertise their products and software.
- News and Events modules – these have been developed to inform their audience of what’s happening with IRD, Inc. internally and externally, and within the highway traffic industry in general.
- Project Showcase – in their 30 years IRD, Inc. have worked on a lot of projects, with this module they can now showcase these projects to their website audience.
- Stock API – using a 3rd party provider the new website features detailed stock pricing for IRD, Inc. investors.
- Job Board – to enable IRD, Inc. to advertise available positions within the firm and allow potential candidates to upload their resume.
- Software Updates – customers can visit the website and download updates to their pre-existing IRD, Inc. software.
- Dynamic Contact Form – although this page features a form, it also features a drop down menu so users can select their location. Depending on which location they select, the user is then presented with contact information and map of their closet IRD, Inc. office. Pretty neat, eh?
And finally social media integration. Seriously, which website doesn’t have that these days? Users can now seek out IRD, Inc. on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Mobile Website Development
Along with the design and development of the new desktop website, we have also created a mobile version of the IRD, Inc. site too. When accessed on a mobile device, specifically a smartphone, the user will be presented with a much more stripped-down version of the desktop site, albeit with essential information.
So there you go. A brand new website and mobile website for International Road Dynamics, Inc. Feel free to let us know what you think of our design by leaving your comments in the box below! Also, if you’re interested in a more detailed and in-depth study on the IRD, Inc. project – what we did and how we did it – check out the case study on our Portfolio page.