[Ep 34] News this week! Pinterest is offering more insights while Instagram introduces location and hashtag feature for stories. Google’s getting more strict with spam content and 2 Web Design brings an opportunity to fast track your digital marketing skills! Make your mark in the digital world around you in just 2 minutes with these bytes. Every Tuesday at 2:22.
See Metrics Right on Your Pins
May 18, 2017 – Pinterest has introduced the stats icon on the business Pins to get an overview of the account’s reach and engagement. And if you click the icon it reveals how many times your Pin has appeared on Pinterest and the number of close-ups, clicks and saves it got.
In fact, Pinterest offers some pro tips to help ‘move your metrics’ including:
- Make your Pins beautiful, helpful and actionable.
- Promote Pins to immediately increases the number of views.
Use Location & Hashtag to Explore Nearby Insta Stories
May 23, 2017 – Instagram has enabled for you to find all the stories related to your interests. You’ll see a new story ring at the top of Explore filled with stories happening near you.
And, soon you be able to search stories through hashtags. When you search for a hashtag, you may see a story ring at the top of the page filled with stories using that hashtag.
Start adding location sticker or hashtag to your story, say if you’re hosting an event or conference, and you might be discovered in the larger story.
Google’s Warning for Spammy Content
Image courtesy: Blogmotive
May 25, 2017 – Google is requesting websites to not follow shortcuts to get high ranks for their content.
If you are violating any of the following guidelines given by Google, then you might have to face some serious repercussions:
- Stuffing keyword-rich links to your site in your articles
- Having the articles published across many different sites;
- Using or hiring article writers that aren’t knowledgeable about the topics they’re writing on
- Using the same or similar content across these articles; alternatively, duplicating the full content of articles found on your own site
2 Web Design Presents Digital Bootcamp YXE 2017
May 30, 2017 – 2 Web Design brings you a one-day workshop intended to fast track your digital marketing skills and help you transform your business.
When– 22nd June
Where – TCU Place, Saskatoon
Cost – $147
BOOK NOW to take advantage of the early bird discount of $97!
Sessions by leading entrepreneurs and business owners will focus on building traffic, expanding brand awareness, improving online reputation, and gaining insight into today’s digital age.
You will learn to:
- Build brand awareness
- Use digital platforms to increase, track, and measure ROI
- Build stronger relationships through storytelling and video
- Understand why referrals and reputation are key
- Learn techniques and tools to use to track and analyze data
And, participate in networking opportunities.
Until Next Tuesday…
Hopefully, these news bytes to take your digital marketing to the next level! Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter.